Michael Semanie is a shareholder at the law firm of Killgore, Pearlman, Semanie, Denius & Squires P.A. Having studied economics and psychology as an undergraduate and going on to earn an MBA in business administration, Mike spent the early part of his career marketing for manufacturers of high performance boats. Years later, Mike would trade in powerboat races and poker runs for legal briefs and court appearances, launching his “second career” in the practice of law. Mike is now outside general legal counsel for a number of automobile dealerships and he focuses his legal practice on representing auto dealers in a variety of litigation, arbitration, and administrative proceedings, as well as in dealership buy/sell transactions. More...
Mike and the law firm are deeply involved in the automotive industry, routinely hosting and sponsoring events at the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) annual conference, regional dealer association meetings, and numerous other functions. Mike is a frequent speaker at automotive industry conferences, including the National Association of Dealer Counsel, AutoCPA, the Auto Dealers Florida Seminar Series, the Florida Independent Automobile Dealers Association, and Bank of America’s National Auto Summit. He has also been quoted on automotive industry legal issues by a number of publications, including the Los Angeles Times, and has appeared on the radio as a legal commentator to discuss dealer and advertising legal issues. Mike has been an invited guest presenter on dealer-education webinars to discuss various regulatory compliance issues.
Mike is experienced in representing dealers and dealerships in class actions and consumer lawsuits, disputes with manufacturers, employment lawsuits and EEOC proceedings, and corporate governance disputes between co-owners of dealerships. Mike has also represented buyers and sellers in dealership buy/sell transactions, stock and interest transfers, option agreements, and other M&A activities. Among his professional distinctions, the National Automotive Finance Association has certified Mike as a Consumer Credit Compliance Professional.
Graduated from Stetson University College of Law • Marketing and Advertising Background
• Juris Doctor, Stetson University College of Law, 2009 (cum laude)
• Master of Business Administration, Stetson University School of Business Administration, 2009
• Bachelor of Arts, University of South Florida, 2005
• 2010 – Florida Bar
• 2020 – District of Columbia Bar
• 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
• 2010 – U.S. District Court, Northern District, Middle District of Florida
• 2013 – U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
• United States Middle District of Florida Bankruptcy Court
• Florida Bar Association
• Orange County Bar Association
• National Association of Dealer Counsel (NADC)
• National Automotive Finance Association