Michael A. Semanie
Michael Semanie is a shareholder at the law firm of Killgore, Pearlman, Semanie, Denius & Squires P.A. and is licensed to practice law in New York, Florida, and the District of Columbia. More...
After studying both economics and psychology as an undergraduate, Michael went on to earn a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree. Michael spent the early part of his career as the corporate marketing director for a manufacturer of high-performance powerboats. Years later, Mike would trade in powerboat races and poker runs for legal briefs and court appearances, launching his “second career” in the practice of law. Mike is now outside general legal counsel for a number of automobile dealerships and he focuses his legal practice on representing auto dealers in a variety of litigation, arbitration, and administrative proceedings, as well as in dealership buy/sell transactions.
Michael frequently utilizes his prior business experience and education when providing legal advice to clients operating in various industries. Michael is experienced in representing businesses in corporate governance matters, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activities, and equity and debt financing transactions. Michael also represents clients in litigating corporate governance disputes, disputes between franchisors and franchisees, and various commercial and consumer litigation matters.
Among his professional distinctions, Michael is member of the board of directors of the National Association of Dealer Counsel and he holds an automotive and auto finance regulatory compliance certification from the National Automotive Finance Association.
Graduated from Stetson University College of Law • Marketing and Advertising Background
- Business and Corporate
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Commercial Litigation
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- Federal Southern District of New York
- Federal Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida
- District of Columbia
- Los Angeles Times (Article)
- American City Business Journals (Articles)
- Best Practices in Influencer Marketing: Insights from Digital Marketing Experts (book)
- American Advertising Federation (Article)
- IP Watchdog (Article)
Regularly Served Industries
- Automotive and Transportation
- Advertising and Social Media
- Represented seller in a nine-figure technology industry stock sale transaction
- Represented international snack food brand in trial over corporate governance and stock ownership issues
- Represented business owner in jury trial of nine-figure corporate governance dispute
- Represented business owner in automotive industry redemption and stock swap transaction involving 22 separate entities
- National Association of Dealer Counsel (live events)
- National Automotive Finance Association (live events and webinar)
- KPA/Compli (podcast)
- What’s the SCORE (radio shows) and National Entrepreneur Center (live events)
- Bank of America’s National Auto Summit (live event)
- AutoCPA Conference (live events)