LLCs From Start to Finish
Practice on November 30, 2017
Two Information-Packed Days of All Things LLC
Our veteran faculty will walk you through the entire LLC cycle with practical how-to’s, practice pointers, cautionary advice and sample forms. Stay up to date with the latest LLC legislation, trends and developments; consider all factors in entity selection and formation; and work through difficult operating agreement provisions. You will also learn more focused skills and applications, such as forming LLCs to purchase real estate, utilizing series LLCs and much, much more. Understand LLCs inside and out – register today!
- LLC or S-Corp? Examine major tax and non-tax advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Determine which tax election is the best fit for every LLC you work with.
- Walk through the nuts, bolts and best practices for forming or converting to an LLC.
- Understand the mechanics of single member LLCs – organization, taxation, liability and operating agreements.
- Craft an airtight LLC operating agreement for your client.
- Get clarification on the legal uncertainties surrounding series LLCs.
- Know the do’s, don’ts, pitfalls and tips for using LLCs to purchase real estate and other special purposes.
- Reinforce the liability protections offered by LLCs with current best practices.
- Walk away with sample formation documents, agreements, tax forms and other reference materials.
Who Should Attend
This two-day, basic-to-intermediate level seminar is designed for attorneys. Accountants, banking professionals and paralegals may also benefit.
Day 1: Legal Update, Entity Selection, Formation, Operating Agreements and More
- Florida Legislative Update, Recent Trends and Developments in LLCs
- The Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act (RULLCA): What You Need to Know
- Single Member LLCs
- The Series LLC: Nuts and Bolts
- LLC or S-Corp Tax Considerations
- How to Draft the LLC Operating Agreement
- LLC Formation and Operation – Process, Procedures and Pitfalls
Day 2: Dividing Member Interests, LLC Conversions, Reorganizations and Disputes
- Dividing, Issuing and Transferring LLC Member Interests
- LLC Conversions and Reorganizations
- Using LLCs to Purchase Real Estate
- Using LLCs in Asset Protection and Estate Planning
- Preventing and Handling Disputes in the LLC
- Top LLC Mistakes to Avoid in Everyday Business Practices
- Legal Ethics for the LLC Attorney
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 14.50 *
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy – CPE for Accountants/NASBA: 14.00 *
* denotes specialty credits